Click on the picture above to know more about the contest.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Click on the picture above to know more about the contest.
1. Drink enough water
Your skin is intricately linked to good health. Adequate consumption of water helps to efficiently transport water to cells in your body, remove toxins and improve blood flow and circulation, and this translates to better-looking skin. The Mayo Clinic in the US recommends drinking eight glasses (230ml/glass) of water daily. However, you may need more because exercise, hot weather and air-conditioning cause you to lose more water.
2. Don’t pop your zits
Extracting your own pimples could leave you with unsightly scars where the acne used to be. It also leaves your pores to sag and appear larger over time, says Neutrogena product manager Cindy Tan. Dot your zit with an acne cream of gel to help dry it out, this takes time so you have to be patient. For blackheads and whiteheads, use an exfoliating scrub, try Neutrogena Deep Clean GentleScrub ($9.90 at Watsons), when you shower and make sure to rinse off the residue completely.
3. Slap on sunscreen
Your skin is the part of your body that takes the greatest beating from damaging UV rays the moment you’re exposed to sunlight. The Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of a sunscreen is calculated by comparing the amount of time needed to produce a sunburn on unscreen-protected skin to the amount of time needed to cause a sunburn on unprotected skin. Higher SPF sunscreens offer greater protection from sunburn, which is caused mostly by UVB rays. Try Sun Play SPF 130 ($15.80 at Watsons), it’s oil-free and not heavy like regular cream-based sunscreens which makes it suitable for everyday wear.
4. Follow with astringent
Dermatologists say that rather than washing your face several times a day, which can leave it too dry and irritated, you can use alcohol-based astringent pads to cleanse your face when it gets too oily. Astringents with acetone are also useful because acetone is a great fat and grease solvent. Most astringents have a bit of acetone in them, according to Dr Kenneth Neldner, chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. “If you use it regularly, you can surely remove oil from the skin,” he says. Try Zirh Refresh ($40 at ESpace, Level 1 Tangs).
5. Put mud on your face
Oily skin is a genetic predisposition. An easy way to degrease is by using clay or mud masks, says Dr Howard Donsk, an associate professor of medicine at the University of Toronto and staff dermatologist at Toronto General Hospital. Generally, the darker brown the clay, the more oil it can absorb. White or rosecoloured clays, though, are gentler and work better on sensitive skin. Try Lab Series Purifying Clay Mask ($40 at Robinsons, Raffles City).
Friday, April 24, 2009
Answer: S/M stands for Sadism and Masochism. Some prefer the term BDSM or Bondage and Discipline, Dominance and Submission. Women who enjoy BDSM find that combining pleasure and pain turns them on.
S/M is not abuse. It is consensual activity between willing partners. BDSM is a way for some women to gain power by pushing their limits. Some examples of S/M are: spanking, bondage, whipping, acting out scenes and attending sex parties.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Won a $100 MUJI Vouchers
from this Mothers' Day Contest
by TEENS Magazine
which you have to dedicate something... a tribute to your mum...
Realised that the First word of every line of the poem forms the words
"Happy Mother's Day" :)
Friday, April 17, 2009
Here's my Old Piano...
Sold it to Michelle's friend, Eileen for about $600 together w the sustain pedal...
Its quite a good piano I would say... fora digital piano.
A bit "She Bu De"... but no choice... I need a better piano to play.
Moreover, my Gf Michelle is going to teach me piano for Free!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
What have I been doin' w this car for e PAst 3 Months ?
and I even washed it in the middle of the night, past 12 midnight
Its really very dirty, especially the car is WhiTE
I even clean the engine... not everybody does that but i do...
And of course... I get to drive it... :)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Went down to collect our prize today
MySweetValentine Contest organized by 88DB
Inclusive of daily buffet breakfast & Club benefits.
PLUS: 1 bouquet of flowers from sponsor Flower Advisor delivered to hotel in Chiang Mai or Singapore address.
Visit here for more info: http://www.chiangmai.bangkok.com/dusitd2-hotel/index.htm
Quite spacious and luxurious...
Thursday, April 9, 2009
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me don’t be impatient, short-tempered or irritable.
3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back, respect is earned not given as some sort of inalienable right.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long, and don’t lock me up as punishment. I am not capable of understanding why I am being locked up. I only know I have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment and friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your tone. “You only have to look at my tail” to know that.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget, if that treatment is unjust or bad, it may spoil the special bond between us.
7. Please do not hit me. I cannot hit back, but I can bite and scratch and I don’t ever want to feel the need to do that.
8. Before you tell me off me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food or I’ve been out in the sun too long, maybe my heart is getting old and weak, or maybe I’m just dog-tired.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and will also want care, love, and affection.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, “I can’t bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence”. Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, Irrespective of what you do I will always love you.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Kiehl's having an event from 3rd - 8th April
at Tangs Plaza Forecourt @ TANGS Orchard
Centella Skin-Calming Facial Cleanser (S$49)
she bought this for herself...
Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub (S$49)
I got this for myself...
Last time one of my friend bought this also after trying out the samples I gave him...
Spent S$120 and above...
and we got this Liquid Hand "Soap Coriander"
Last but nOt LeaSt... we took this at the "Kiehl's Ultimate White Avenue"
by a professional photographer over there... :)
Ulitmate White - Brightening Cleansing Cream (S$43)
On another occasion some time back, I bought this for a friend who find the product quite good after trying out the sample I gave her during an event promoting the Ultimate White series
Also visit : http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/face/cleansers.aspx